Thursday, August 31, 2017

Fish 1 LSP 0



The air was clear, bright and for Texas at the end of August, pleasantly cool. So why not head over to the dam after visiting the sick and see if the fish were biting. Good plan, eh?




No, bad plan because of the War on Weather, which stopped the dam letting water out of Lake Whitney into the Brazos and further inundating an already flooded Houston.  That meant there weren't any fish in the channel apart from a few lazy Gar and lots of turtles.




So I didn't catch anything. Still, it was good to unwind for an hour or so overlooking the water and, to be honest, I was more in it for the country air and relaxation than anything else. Mind you, there's no escaping the fact that the fish won this round.

Good luck next time, fish. This isn't over.

Fish on,

LSP

7 comments:

LL said...

I'll be in Dallas the first week of October. Hopefully I can make a run down to hill country for one of those days. Fishing? Maybe. If not this coming trip, then later in the season. It looks as if I'll be there one week a month or so for work, and the required drill with the DLC.

Adrienne said...

LSP and Terminator Blue: I'll be back.

Fredd said...

We checked up on our property in Kerrville TX last month: still there. 9 acres of prickly pear cacti, crumbled slate everywhere, lots of stickly cypress trees, a few mesquite, we were debating on whether to blast out a hole for a swimming pool.

Dynamite is fun. The Guadalupe River runs through Kerrville. Any fish in it?

LSP said...

LL, visit if you can! Fish/shoot is always an option as is a grill out. I know the Cadet would love to see you too. And, of course, the unit would prosper overall.

LSP said...

Exactly, Adrienne! The fish won't win this match.

LSP said...

Fredd, we'd all be disappointed if you didn't blast a hole for the pool in the limestone and I think the Guadalupe has good fish. Trout in parts, if you fly (I don't, stupidly) and all the rest.

Good luck with the move.

Fredd said...

Pastor: I enjoy trout fishing, being a Great Northwest guy, but I don't have the patience for fly fishing. I buy a tin of big fat night crawlers, thread those onto a big #2 hook, throw it out into a promising hole and wait for a 10 pound rainbow to get wrenched out of its home via 20 pound test and into my boat.

That's the way it's done, right?