Thursday, February 1, 2018

Backyard Crossfire



Perhaps you don't have the time or the budget to get out to the range as often as you'd like and blast away, but you still want to shoot. So what's the solution?




Get a CO2 pistol from Walmart, some BBs and set up a backyard range. Need some trigger time? Simple, walk out on the back deck and unleash BB fury on the opposition. In the Compound's case that's two small Canada Dry ginger ale cans and a cardboard box.




As the backyard range develops we'll make the targets more interesting, unicorns, Hillary heads, Cryin' Chuck, Soy Boy Schiff, Justsin Welby, whatever, the sky's the limit.




And look, I know you're supposed to train on the weapons you use but a blast's a blast and I'll vouch for Crossman's semi auto .177 XCP. It comes with a detachable steel magazine, fiber optic sights, a safety and a rail. And all for $29. 




Is it accurate? Extremely. Is it tactical? Very. Do women love them? I'd have thought that was obvious.

Shoot straight,

LSP

6 comments:

LL said...

When I was a kid and lived in the extreme country (not nearly so built up as Hillsboro), there were feral dogs. I didn't have a high fangled air pistol but I did have a .22 derringer and shot shells. The dogs would come out to bark and nip at me. I held my fire until they were an arm's length and then I fired at the dog's rear, under the tail area if it presented itself. Dogs feared me. And it was rural enough that their owners never knew -- unless they are reading this blog.

LSP said...

Funny you should say that, LL. Feral dogs are a menace and I've gone out to hunt them before now. A few years back there was a crew of marauding Chows that were terrorizing the countryside. So I went out with a shotgun but didn't find them. Some friends did, with a .243 and ended the Chow menace.

"We're hunters! Chow hunters," went the refrain.

I can't do that here in town, though there's plenty of stray dogs and chickens. Sometimes Blue Destroyer gets a chicken and I breast it. Tasty enough in a popper.

Adrienne said...

That's a whole lot of fun for $29.00.

LSP said...

Great value, Adrienne and it keeps you in practice.

Jules said...

It's just non--stop fun at your compound.

LSP said...

Jules, I wouldn't dare disagree.